Topics

2019 NNGC - Pretty Quiet Here

Scott McLeod

Greetings everyone,

I wasn’t able to attend this year’s Narrow Gauge convention in Sacramento.  I was hoping to hear some updates about the convention here , new products, any updates from Blackstone on their K-28/K-36 projects etc.  It seemed abnormally quiet.  Did I miss any updates or did I just miss the convention?

Scott McLeod

HOn3 RGS/D&RGW Ridgway - Durango

Richard Johnson

BS had a sign stating they are looking into a new mfr.
Demos of new decoders.
Big show by San Juan Model co.
And all the usual.
Regards all
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

"Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"
Thomas Jefferson

From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Scott McLeod <rgsmodeler@...>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 1:06:13 PM
To: Email for HOn3 groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: [HOn3] 2019 NNGC - Pretty Quiet Here

Greetings everyone,

I wasn’t able to attend this year’s Narrow Gauge convention in Sacramento.  I was hoping to hear some updates about the convention here , new products, any updates from Blackstone on their K-28/K-36 projects etc.  It seemed abnormally quiet.  Did I miss any updates or did I just miss the convention?

Scott McLeod

Craig Linn

Richard. 

Did San Juan have anything on their HOn3 tank cars?

Craig

On Sep 30, 2019, at 2:19 PM, Richard Johnson <killroy321@...> wrote:

Demos of new decoders.
And all the usual.
Regards all
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

Thomas Jefferson

From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Scott McLeod <rgsmodeler@...>

Greetings everyone,

Scott McLeod

Richard Johnson

I did not take notice... so i do not know, i wasnt aware they were making HOn3 rolling stock now.
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

Thomas Jefferson

From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Craig Linn <drgw346@...>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 1:58:26 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [HOn3] 2019 NNGC - Pretty Quiet Here

Richard. 

Craig

Demos of new decoders.
And all the usual.
Regards all
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

Thomas Jefferson

Greetings everyone,

Scott McLeod

Bill Miller

The tank cars HOn3 (CONOCO)  are scheduled into the USA on or about Feb 2020 and not before.

Bill Miller

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, Sep 30, 2019 7:10 pm

I did not take notice... so i do not know, i wasnt aware they were making HOn3 rolling stock now.
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

Thomas Jefferson

Richard. 

Craig

Demos of new decoders.
And all the usual.
Regards all
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

Thomas Jefferson

Greetings everyone,

Scott McLeod

Mark Lewis

Hmmm...I wonder what happened to the "Fall 2019" delivery date SJMCo mentioned in ads, before the Sacramento NNGC?

Mark Lewis 

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, 8:03 PM Bill Miller via Groups.Io <ebteng18=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The tank cars HOn3 (CONOCO)  are scheduled into the USA on or about Feb 2020 and not before.

Bill Miller

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, Sep 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

Thomas Jefferson

Richard. 

Craig

Demos of new decoders.
And all the usual.
Regards all
Rich Johnson

www.RichardSJohnson.net

Thomas Jefferson

Greetings everyone,

Scott McLeod

DaveS.

China issues.

claneon30

I had Doug Junda (one of the San Juan owners) at my On30 meeting at the NNGC and he was entirely frank about how things are taking longer in all aspects of the business than they had planned. Getting the machinery running to mold parts, especially the former Grandt machines, required all new wiring, motors and hydraulics. Because the machines had been in the same location for many, many years, the move to Colorado was really tough on them, and they found that replacing a part that had been stressed in the move, resulted in other parts of the machine failing, costing time. And obviously production. They ae moving the ball down the field and he asked the guys present for some patience as they get all the aspects of the company running smoothly and at capacity.

Regarding China, the government was changing policies there that was negatively affected production and delivery of models for all companies even BEFORE the trade issues came up, so everyone is trying to deal with that, including San Juan. I’d say watch their ads for updates on delivery schedule, based on what they are hearing from their builder.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Oct 2, 2019, at 8:36 AM, DaveS. <dsheber@...> wrote:

China issues.

Doug Junda

Chris,

Thanks for jumping in here.  For most of you, I'm recovering from having my right knee replaced.  So thanks again Chris.

As for a update,  on the Tank cars, they are still moving along,  in fact, Robert my partner will be flying to California next weekend to meet with the owner of a factory we deal with in China.

In the past year we have imported three different projects, HO standard gauge tank cars, ON3 trucks, and On3 switches.  All of these project were much later then we expected.  Being new to the import business, we have taken date that we were given and past them along.  We are learning not to do that.  But,  rest assured the project is moving forward and I will offer up a update after Roberts meeting.

As a quick look back, it was a year oct 1 st we received our first truck load from San Juan, in the time since we have moved a total of five companies to our office in Colorado.  The last of the moves took place in may of last year.  We are making progress on inventory, not as quickly as we would like, but we are making progress.

Thanks,

Doug Junda

On Oct 2, 2019, at 12:21 PM, claneon30 via Groups.Io <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

I had Doug Junda (one of the San Juan owners) at my On30 meeting at the NNGC and he was entirely frank about how things are taking longer in all aspects of the business than they had planned. Getting the machinery running to mold parts, especially the former Grandt machines, required all new wiring, motors and hydraulics. Because the machines had been in the same location for many, many years, the move to Colorado was really tough on them, and they found that replacing a part that had been stressed in the move, resulted in other parts of the machine failing, costing time. And obviously production. They ae moving the ball down the field and he asked the guys present for some patience as they get all the aspects of the company running smoothly and at capacity.

Regarding China, the government was changing policies there that was negatively affected production and delivery of models for all companies even BEFORE the trade issues came up, so everyone is trying to deal with that, including San Juan. I’d say watch their ads for updates on delivery schedule, based on what they are hearing from their builder.

China issues.

Bruce

You and your partner have taken on a monumental task.  We in the hobby are very grateful and will try to maintain our patience.

Thanks.

Bruce Bowie
Huron Ohio

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019, 12:48 PM Doug Junda <djunda@...> wrote:
Chris,

Thanks for jumping in here.  For most of you, I'm recovering from having my right knee replaced.  So thanks again Chris.

As for a update,  on the Tank cars, they are still moving along,  in fact, Robert my partner will be flying to California next weekend to meet with the owner of a factory we deal with in China.

In the past year we have imported three different projects, HO standard gauge tank cars, ON3 trucks, and On3 switches.  All of these project were much later then we expected.  Being new to the import business, we have taken date that we were given and past them along.  We are learning not to do that.  But,  rest assured the project is moving forward and I will offer up a update after Roberts meeting.

As a quick look back, it was a year oct 1 st we received our first truck load from San Juan, in the time since we have moved a total of five companies to our office in Colorado.  The last of the moves took place in may of last year.  We are making progress on inventory, not as quickly as we would like, but we are making progress.

Thanks,

Doug Junda

On Oct 2, 2019, at 12:21 PM, claneon30 via Groups.Io <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

China issues.

Scott McLeod

Thank you as well Doug for the update!

Your update is an example of the type of communication is what fuels patience.

There is no doubt that that we in the ‘hobby’ end of model railroading should appreciate those modelers that get involved and take on the business side of the hobby.  ‘Stuff’ just doesn’t show up and does take effort, sometimes way more than realized or even anticipated.  So glad to have an update that gives context to why things are taking longer.  Best wishes!

Scott McLeod