Topics

New Kadee HOn3 Trucks

Martin Batistelli

Kadee just announced a new HOn3 truck line.

“HGC” Two Piece, Equalized Trucks: “HGC” High Gravity Compound weighs nearly the same as Metal

Trucks but with more detail & easy to assemble design, a 2 piece split bolster design for more efficient truck

equalization, reduced axle friction for greater rolling performance. Metal RP-25 wheels with insulated plastic axles.

https://kadee.com/html/hon3_hgc_truck_hand.pdf

Martin Batistelli

Loco_Marty AT roadrunner.com

Mike Van Hove

Does this mean they may be issuing more Micro Trains HOn3 cars?

Mike Van Hove

On Mar 24, 2018, at 11:43 AM, Martin Batistelli <Loco_Marty@...> wrote:

Kadee just announced a new HOn3 truck line.

“HGC” Two Piece, Equalized Trucks: “HGC” High Gravity Compound weighs nearly the same as Metal
Trucks but with more detail & easy to assemble design, a 2 piece split bolster design for more efficient truck
equalization, reduced axle friction for greater rolling performance. Metal RP-25 wheels with insulated plastic axles.

Martin Batistelli
Loco_Marty AT roadrunner.com

kevin b

Does this mean they may be issuing more Micro Trains HOn3 cars?

Mike Van Hove

I doubt very seriously Micro Trains will revamp their line of HOn3 rolling stock due to KD making a new line of trucks.
seeing as how KD and Micro trains are two separate businesses.
Micro trains make their own trucks already, you don't even have to put them together.
as far as Micro Trains rolling stock, I still have for sale a few of the cars I had made.
although my car is NOT a D&RGW prototype, it is lettered as a privately owned car and could be transported by any railroad.
pic attached.
these cars are new, sealed in box, limited production run of 100 cars only.
if interested, price is 45.00 plus shipping.
please contact me off list.
arcatruck13@...

thanks
Kevin.

Dusty

I can't seem to recognize the prototype of any of the styles.

Dusty Burman

John Stutz

Dusty

Comparing the HOn3 trucks in <https://kadee.com/html/hon3_hgc_truck_hand.pdf> with the SG trucks illustrated in <https://kadee.com/html/truck_and_wheel.pdf>, it appears that most of the new Kadee HOn3 trucks are downsized versions of their HO SG trucks. But I have not had a chance to do a physical comparison.

Their several decades older metal HOn3 trucks are actually scaled off of D&RGW prototypes.

John Stutz