Re: SJM Co CONOCO Tank Car coupler conversion.

Dusty

When I realized that the 705s weren't going to be a drop in I experimented with the 714 centering device. Like would the 714 box center with a solid coupler rather than a split coupler. I welded a 714 into a solid, one piece coupler. Surprise, surprise it still centers. So the 705 could have been more friendly.

I felt the 705s were more challenging to 'pick' than the 714s but obviously the 705s look better and offer less slack.

If my mission were creating images for big time publication I would probably make great efforts to either hide the 714s or build a couple of 'Foreground' prop cars with Sergent couplers and perhaps narrow tread wheels.

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707