Re: D&RGW Coal Tower

Mark Kasprowicz

The plastic shed is actually OK, (it's also part of the Sanding tower kit I believe). If you're not happy building the Campbell kit then why complicate matters and just build the complete plastic kit without trying to make it into a hybrid.
As far as the Walthers version is concerned I wonder how much difference there is between it and the original. I've beenĀ  told that altering plastic injection moulds is not quite as easy as it sounds. One thing that is different is that the Walthers version has a base on whch it stands.
The main changes I made were using plastic Evergreen timbers and Grandt line NBW's. There's one on Ebay right now for $15!