Re: FED 2-6-0 - look for ideas to fix derailing problems

martin feldwick

My two had truck springs .I replaced them with some from ebay China.no problem with front truck so wheel gauge seems to be the answer to your problems .
Martin F

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 9:01 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Martin,

I do not think that the FED's had tender truck springs and I wonder if they were not an addition to later models. I don't think that Balboa HOn3 loco had them as standard. As far as the trucks are concerned, check the gauge. I have one of these and the issue was that the front truck wheels were out of gauge.