Re: Key crankpin size

jczul36

Bob, After I dropped in a new set of drivers on my C-17, I found myself looking for the correct crank pin with the correct shoulder to my side rods. I really didn’t want to make my own crank pins, so I finally decided to just use a brass tube as the shoulder as the easiest solution.
I drilled all the driver’s crank pin holes to the size of the tube, and solder tubes in the crank pin holes. I then cut each tube to the appropriate height, and tapped all of them with a 00-90 tap. I machined the hex head of the 00-90 bolt to a reasonable size to allow for clearance between the crosshead and side rod.
It was a reasonably simple solution, and all the parts are available at your local hobby store.