Re: Best Decoder/Sound System for a Balboa C-21

Nigel Phillips

ESU Loksound micro is an alternative. The decoder size is usually not an issue, it's the speaker. Try "sugar cube" speakers. If you can get a speaker in the boiler all the better.

Nigel

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 1:41 PM AdamKP <penncentral13@...> wrote:
So I just purchased a brass Balboa C-21 and I'm wondering what kind of decoder/speaker I should get for it. I'm thinking Soundtraxx as I think that might be the only brand to fit. I would appreciate any suggestions since I am not well versed in the electronic side of model railroading. Thank you.