Re: FED HOn3 2-6-0 Axle Move

Dave Eggleston

Craig Tice had at least one modified FED mogul on his Mojave & Panamint, that I believe had been done for him by Dave Garcia, M&P #3. I am trying to recall if Dave told me he milled the frame to allow for the axle change or if he fabricated a new frame (or rear section). Of course you'll need to fabricate new rods and deal with the drive train modification. The M&P engines were spectacular. I never saw an article on the work done.

Unfortunately Craig hasn't seemed to have a public presence in the hobby for a couple of decades and I have no contact info for him, and very sadly Dave passed away. Maybe someone on the list knows how to contact Craig?

Dave

On Saturday, July 3, 2021, 09:56:40 AM PDT, Jesse Day <jesseadayii@...> wrote:

Greetings all,
Hoping someone may have either a link or something to the article on moving the rear axle on the FED 2-6-0 to better represent a Baldwin loco. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
_._,_._,_