Re: Early boxcar door latches

Brian Kopp

Dale, thanks for the Grandt 5095 idea. I will take a look.

I am bashing the old time 28' Mantua 1860 HO boxcars into 28' 1880s HOn3 cars. I am thinking of the ATSF NG cars on the DRG.  Just narrow them and drop the height a bit. Here is my first attempt in process along with a reference photo for inspiration......

I have some early stretched skin ATSF logo decals that I had Josh at Bedlam Creations print in white, along with car numbers that match the ones on the ATSF DRG cars. I will post a photo in a week or two when I finish this first one.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL