Re: Central Valley trucks

John Stutz

Bryan

the NWSL insulator is a fairly tough acetyl resin bushing, not easily damaged.  If you are moving wheels in, the bushing will move with the wheel.  For moving them out, use the auxiliary v-plate to push against the bushing.  To preserve the axle tip, use a 60-degree center drill with an extended drilling point that is about half the axle diameter.  This puts any scoring further up the cone, insted of distorting the axle tip.

John

On May 17, 2021 12:18 AM Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

John,

I don't mind setting them myself using a "Puller". In this case pushing them, I wasn't sure if moving both wheels might damage the wheel with the insulator ring. If that can be done then greatm problem solved!

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
D&RGW Sn3 and Hon3
Murrieta, CA

On Sunday, May 16, 2021, 11:14:26 PM PDT, John Stutz <john.stutz@...> wrote:

Bryian & Len

You could purchase NWSL 26" code 88 SG wheelsets, and a Puller, and push each wheel in 3 mm.  So long as you preserve the axle's needle points,  the modified wheelsets will still roll well.

John Stutz
On May 16, 2021 3:30 PM Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

Len,

No, unfortunately I never got a response from them.

Bryian Sones

On Saturday, May 15, 2021, 12:28:33 PM PDT, LenTRaley via groups.io <lentraley@...> wrote:

Bryian:

Did you ever get a response from NWSL regarding your request for 26"
wheels centered on a standard gauge axle set to HOn3 gauge?

Len Raley