Re: Cutting a large quantity of switch ties

Bill Lugg

That's a good idea.  Where would one acquire these for HO turnouts?

Thanks
Bill Lugg

On 5/7/21 8:52 PM, Richard Brennan wrote:
At 07:18 PM 5/7/2021, Bill Lugg wrote:
I've got a situation where I've got to cut switch ties for 24 turnouts that will go in a yard.  Are there any thoughts for a quick way to do this other than sitting in front of a Chopper for multiple weeks cutting a few at a time?
Use a laser cut (or similar) 'comb'... which is a fixture slotted to receive un-cut tie stock
The tie material is inserted against the diverging (curved) side of the fixture...
the straight side of the comb is left open... and the ties are cut-off as regularly or irregularly as you prefer.
Blue painter's tape will hold them together nicely as you place them in the yard.

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA

Example:
[]