Re: Central Valley trucks

Jim Spencer

I have an unbuilt standard gauge CV box car kit that has its original CV arch bar trucks. I also have several of their narrow gauge rack bar trucks. In comparing them, the side frames are identical castings. And the bolsters are identical except for length. Furthermore the axle diameters appear to be the same. The narrow gauge wheels appear to be 26”. So unless there is a shoulder on the axles, to me it appears the the narrow gauge wheels can be transposed over to the standard gauge axles, and, voila!, you will have the same squeezed in arrangement needed for the rotaries.