Re: Central Valley trucks

Earl Knoob

OM has 26" wheels.  To use the CV trucks you would need to make a standard gauge bolster, and fit narrowed wheel sets to it.

From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...>
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 12:30 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Central Valley trucks

Hi Tony, do you know OM actual wheel spec?
Is it a standard gauge 33 wheel set to 3' or 26 wheel set to 3'?
I think NWSL wheels allow you to move both wheels on the axel.
If that is the case, I can use the CV trucks with the NSWL wheel sets and set the wheels at 3'

Bryian Sones
D&RGW Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:18:34 PM PDT, tonyk537 via groups.io <tonyk375@...> wrote:

The CV trucks look nice converted but need to be widened for OM.  It has a standard gauge truck and axles with wheels set to 3'.

OO was the only one to have actual narrow gauge trucks.