Re: Shinohara gone?

Steven Haworth

Peco's got some nice looking 3' track, don't they?

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 12:55 PM cmdrwmriker <banjobill@q.com> wrote:
holy mackeral Dave, Shino has been out of the track business now for about 3 years.  I was in the process of buying some track for my chili line from Narrow Gauge Colorado and Craig told me then that I needed to get what I needed right away because it was going to get scarce real quick; His projection was correct.  I bought up what I could find on Ebay, and the other NG hobbie stores I trusted.  I was at the time embarking on building two dual gauge layouts; one for me, one for the club I belong to.  Walthers began after about a year, advertising a track line (in MRR Mag) that was compatible with Shino-all code 83 and smaller, and no NG.  Not near as many different configurations, either.  So, even thought there are flex track providers, and some dual gauge, as well, there are few turnouts available, especially the dual gauge ones.  Although I have pretty much what I need and have stopped looking on a regular basis, my casual looking has not run across a mfg as robust as shino was a one time.
bill m.
----- Original Message -----
To: HOn3@groups.io
Sent: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 13:28:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [HOn3] Shinohara gone?

Nobody has answered the question about Shinohara track.  Is Shinohara really gone?  What caused them to close up shop?  Are they a victim like PFM was that the original owner died and left it to his family who found the land in Japan worth more than the business and closed up shop after selling out?  Is Micro Engineering taking up the slack now on dual gauge?
Dave

-----Original Message-----
>From: cmdrwmriker <banjobill@q.com>
>Sent: Apr 6, 2021 11:40 AM
>To: HOn3@groups.io
>Subject: Re: [HOn3] Looking for Shinohara Dual Gauge
>
>Upon further review, the ruling on the field has been changed.  LOL! As I put the turnout back in the box, I noticed it had a price sticker from Harris Hobbies: $42. So really my price is good, so thank your benefactor. I am building two dual gauge layouts right now: one for our club, and one for myself. The clubs trackage has been determined, but my piss-ant layout still needs the Santa Fe dual gauge section built. So right now I do have some available if perchanceyou need another. Be cool bill m.
>----- Original Message -----
>From: Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...>
>To: HOn3@groups.io
>Sent: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 16:57:40 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: [HOn3] Looking for Shinohara Dual Gauge
>
>Anyone out there have a left hand Shinohara dual gauge turnout with narrow gauge on the left?  I'd be glad to take it off your hands!
>
>Russ
>--
>Russ Norris, MMR
>Cape Cod, Massachusetts
>http://blacklogvalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join HOn3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.