Re: Super Glue aka CA

Don Peterson

To expand on Don's answer, The issue you are having is that the Kadees are made of Delrin plastic which cannot be glued with ACC. there is nothing wrong with your glue or technique.  Don's method is how you do it.

Don Peterson

On Friday, April 2, 2021, 11:43:00 AM MDT, Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:

In addition to what Eric mentions, CA does not work on engineering
plastic (delrin), from which the Kadee couplers are manufactured. Don's
solution is much better.

Actually, I found some great info on CA cement (and others too) here:
The Great Guide to Gluing and Assembling 3D Prints
<https://blog.prusaprinters.org/the-great-guide-to-gluing-and-assembling-3d-prints_44908/>.
It's focused on cementing large 3D prints together, but the general
information is more widely applicable, I think.

HTH
Bill Lugg