Re: Underbody detailing

Russ Norris

I go with Mike.  I'm 76, and my peepers aren't what they used to be (along with a lot of the rest of me).
If I were to enter a model in a division or regional competition, or if I were going for the car building AP
I would undoubtedly make the effort.  But I'm at the point where my railroading is for my own pleasure.
I mount tension bars, queen posts and the brake cylinder (and maybe the triple valve) but I just don't see
the point of wiring in all the piping.  In my imagnation, I know it's there.

Russ Norris

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:13 PM Mike Van Hove <vanhovem22@...> wrote:
Group:
I’m 80 years old, and , I like my models to look good, and operate well.  Frankly at my age, I don’t think it’s worth the time and trouble to model the underside, which no one but me will ever see.  I do put the big brake cylinder on, as that can sort of be seen from the side, but otherwise, I think it’s a waste of time.

Just my 2 cents worth.  (with inflation, that should read 3 cents worth, I guess) 🙄

Mike Van Hove