Re: Narrow Gauge

RG Teeter

Maine 2 footers were known to derail due to ice conditions. Also 1 of them had a new locomotive with no baffles in the water tank. It came to a stop, then fell over. Baflles were added.

Bob in Florida - who once followed WW&F track alignment in the, if I recall correctly, Boothbay area.

On 2 Mar 2021, at 13:53, Climax@... <Climax@...> wrote:

PK, Lloyd,
Yes, I forgot about them.  Got a question though.  since the 24" Ry did exist up there were there any cases in higher winds were the cars would blow off the tracks or at least tip over due to wind?
Mule

-----Original Message-----
From: lloyd lehrer
Sent: Mar 2, 2021 1:13 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Narrow Gauge

hey Mule, did you forget the maine 2 footers and the meter gauge railroads
lloyd lehrer, MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (310)951-9097

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 10:04 AM <Climax@...> wrote:
We all know that standard gauge is 4'8" between rails and anything less is Narrow gauge.  Perhaps the standards there are 36" and 30". Was there any other sizes used on a powered narrow gauge railroad, not referring to mining track of 24 or 18 inch.
Mule

--
lloyd lehrer