Re: MRGS Late 40's RGS Caboose Base color

Bryian Sones

Folks, BTW I'm looking for color suggestions to Represent a freshly painted caboose. The reason for this, if I recall correctly Long Caboose #0404
was wrecked multiple times in the mid 40's? I'm not sure how long it was shop and when it exactly it emerged again.

I would imagine it would have been newly pained in the late 40's (my era). I'm cautiously debating on Sunrise Herald or the Large RGS lettering under the cupola with the square end beams so not to date my railroad too much.

Bryian Sones
D&RGW Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Sunday, February 14, 2021, 01:36:56 PM PST, Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

Hi,

Could I get some of you RGS modelers to please suggest some modeling paint colors that in your opinion best represent the interior and exterior colors for this caboose?

I mainly use these brands of paint. Star Brand, Scale coat 1 and 2, Tru-color Tamiya and Vallejo. Still have some floquil but can get others if there are better suggestions.

My focus is not RGS but I do have quite a few models to build that will be on my layout so your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryian Sones
D&RGW Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA