Re: Durango and Chama Yard

Craig Linn

Hi Bryian,

You might start your search with Mike Blazek and his plans.  He has some GREAT stuff there.  http://blazeksplan.com. Check under the heading called “Workbooks”.  He has a LOT of information and plans that could really help out.

I also look over photos (seems to be one of the best sources) to piece things together.  Here are a couple of places that I look over:
https://chasingtrains.smugmug.com.  Great site from John West who shot photos in towards the end of the grand.
Western Rail Images by Jim and Doug Ozment - but this site looks to be solely moved over to an Etsy site.
Trails Among The Columbine are also great resources to look at too.

Hope this helps.

Craig

On Feb 14, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Bryian Sones via groups.io <bryian.sones@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm planning to model these two yards for my layout in the late 40's era. I have most of the structures except for the round houses that will need to be scratch built. I do have the correct size turntables.

Does anyone have any drawings of the prototype yard tracks that they would be willing to share or directed me to where I might find some? Obviously selective compression will need to be exercised in the build so even some suggested track plans would be a big help.

Thank you.

Bryian Sones
D&RGW Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA