Uintah 2-6-6-2T

Paul Sturtz

I recently finished (maybe) my PFM Uintah Mallet #51. (Still thinking of adding the 5 pipes that ran through the coal bunker into the cab for ventilation).  The model was not running due to a split gear, the old resin/cotton fiber type, but thanks to the Shayfixer, I purchased the correct gears from NWSL and she runs smooth and quiet!   It was painted in a strange monotone gray color all over that I couldn't match so after stripping the private road name and numbers, I repainted with Grimy Black, re-lettered and weathered.  Following photos of 51, I removed the rear headlight, modified the generator exhaust and raised the front air hose.  Cab glazing, an engineer and detail painting the completely detailed back head finished the cab.  Before and after photos illustrate the changes.
Paul Sturtz