Re: Praise report for a manufacturer

Alan Kilby

I placed an order with NWSL Thursday night and it was in mail Friday.I should get it tuesday.Unless it is held hostage by USPS.I'm still waiting for package that's been stuck in Pennsylvania since Jan 3rd.
Alan

From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Robert Bell via groups.io <ionhoss@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 10:09:56 AM
To: HOn3 Group <hon3@groups.io>
Subject: [HOn3] Praise report for a manufacturer

All,
I just wanted to relate the most recent experience I had with one of our manufacturers AND the USPS.

On Tuesday evening, the 26th of January, I was assembling several packages of Kadee 714 couplers.  I opened one package and dumped the contents out and all that came out were 5 trip pins, 4 screws, and the capsule of springs.  "Well, that kinda stinks", I said to my wife, and I looked up Kadee's website and sent them an email through their website right then, at about 20 minutes after 6 PM:

"Hi there,
I just opened a package of your #714 HOn3 couplers and all that was in the package was the instruction sheet, 4-trip pins, 4-mounting screws, and the capsule of springs...no couplers!  I can't say for sure when I or where I bought these, but I think I bought them in Louisville, KY in May of 2018.  The package was unopened, undamaged, and has a ©️2003 on it.

Thanks & regards,"

I of course included my address and a quick photo of the contents and the package.  I never got a response from them, until today.  The response was a small USPS First Class package containing the missing coupler sprues (4).

I have to say that was a very nice surprise and wanted to relate it to you all. I am VERY pleased with Kadee!!!  And the USPS for that matter, as Kadee would have mailed the package on Wednesday and I got it today, Saturday, from Oregon!!

Rob Bell
Modeling the White Pass & Yukon Route in HOn3
Waynesville, NC