Re: Questions about Blackstone c-19

cmdrwmriker

The word love should have been locomotive. As to the hesitant running when using the digitrax dcc system: this does not bode well for the actual operation of the engine. Once you are happy with whatever dcc system you choose, I would place the loco upside down in a foam rubber cradle and use some alligator test leads to operate the engine. This will tell you if the hesitant running is a feature of the loco or of the track. Best results to you.
Bill

On Jan 28, 2021, at 9:33 PM, cmdrwmriker <banjobill@q.com> wrote:

Frank, do a factory reset on the locomotive. You can find info on how to do this on the NCE website. The decoder you have in a blackstone loco should be a soundtraxx unit. There are also instructions on how to determine the decoder mfg if a soundtraxx reset does not work. Once reset you will have to control the love by short address “3”. I think you will be okay.

On Jan 28, 2021, at 5:38 PM, Frank Smelt Jr <frank.smelt@...> wrote:

Being new to the hobby I have couple of questions about some issues I am having.   My layout is on the smaller size (4x8) and I recently acquired a “lightly used” Blackstone C-19 number 342 on E-bay.

Issue 1.   I have a new NCE 46 DCC Control System.   No matter what I do the system cannot find the locomotive.  I get the sound but locomotive will not move and functions like whistle, light, etc. do not work.

Issue 2.   I also have an older Digitrax DCS 50.   This will recognize the locomotive and will operate all functions associated with same.   However, the locomotive does not operate smoothly on a consistent basis.   It will stop intermediately the start again, also operating in reverse can be challenging.   Track seems to be very clean and I make sure I clean it before operating.  Wheels on the tender and loco have also been cleaned.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank S.