Re: Art Supply Store Visit

Dale Buxton

Dusty,

I am familiar with Golden Iridescent paints. They have finely ground up Mika in them. The Mika acts like micro sized prisms. They make the surface of the paint look sparkly, but in all the colors of the rainbow. If that is what  you are looking for then you have found the right stuff.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 12:54 Dusty <Dustburm@q.com> wrote:
During an unsupervised visit to Arizona Art Supply these items caught my fancy.

I was looking for 'stuff' to make Evergreen Corrugated look correctly metal. Does anyone have experience with the water soluble graphic stick. It looks like it might add that hint of metalic washed very lightly over Corrugated Styrene colored grey with a trace of silver. The gunmetal water color pencil doesn't appear to have any metalic reflection in it. Am I headed in the right direction? Any thoughts?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707