Re: Desperately seeking Coal Shed Plan

Mike Conder

Check out the HOn3 Annual, I think 2014 (could be wrong). Cameron Bryars and I did articles onncoal sheds like this, I copied mine from plans for a Rico coal shed from Mike Blazek.  I'd share but they are his business product and that wouldn't be right, bb it I think he sells the plan for a relatively low cost of $18.

Mike Conder

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 4:29 PM Eric Schrowang <eschrowang@...> wrote:
Guys attached are two photos of the plans for the Monero Coaling station Sa Juan Engineering put out in the 70s. If someone would like a copy I would need to have them scanned into a file. Just as a FYI these are in 1/4 inch scale.

Eric

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 5:52 PM John Stutz <john.stutz@...> wrote:
Dusty

Attached are field notes and 1976 photographs of the WP&Y coal shed at Fraser BC.   Not quite what you are asking for, but similar in function and size.  Backside was plain diagonal sheathing.  This shed has concealed the railroad's Fraser toilets for at least  three decades.

I believe this coal shed not only supplied the section house, but also served as an emergency locomotive and rotary supply.  The pipe brackets, of which most are missing, could hold the doors level.   Coal could first be shoveled onto the doors, and then into the tender.  Clearly not suitable for regular use, but doable.

Similar, but smaller sheds, show up in historic photographs of several other WP&Y section house complexes.

John Stutz
On January 20, 2021 10:29 AM Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Seeking a SW Colorado narrow guage type coal shed plan. Like a commercial sized (15 or 20ish x 30 or 40) track side, shovel it in from the gon, load it out of the doors on the other side type structure. Single plane roof. External cut studs or round poles. The kind you might see in a group of 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

I'd prefer a 'scholarship' (free) plan if possible.

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707