Re: Desperately seeking Coal Shed Plan

John Stutz

Dusty

Attached are field notes and 1976 photographs of the WP&Y coal shed at Fraser BC.   Not quite what you are asking for, but similar in function and size.  Backside was plain diagonal sheathing.  This shed has concealed the railroad's Fraser toilets for at least  three decades.

I believe this coal shed not only supplied the section house, but also served as an emergency locomotive and rotary supply.  The pipe brackets, of which most are missing, could hold the doors level.   Coal could first be shoveled onto the doors, and then into the tender.  Clearly not suitable for regular use, but doable.

Similar, but smaller sheds, show up in historic photographs of several other WP&Y section house complexes.

John Stutz

On January 20, 2021 10:29 AM Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Seeking a SW Colorado narrow guage type coal shed plan. Like a commercial sized (15 or 20ish x 30 or 40) track side, shovel it in from the gon, load it out of the doors on the other side type structure. Single plane roof. External cut studs or round poles. The kind you might see in a group of 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

I'd prefer a 'scholarship' (free) plan if possible.

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707