Re: Rio Grande Models trucks

Scott Baker

Hello All,
First time post(er) here! I have had success with RGM trucks using CA. I usually clean the castings well with soapy water first. Also, (and this works for Precision Scale Co. trucks as well), I put the wheel sets in and while the CA (or solder) sets, I hold the truck right side up with wheelsets on flat surface or test track. This seems to help them sit on the rails equalized better after drying for smooth operation. Of course ,you can bend them and tweak them later, but I have found this can be problematic at times. Also, keep an eye on the sideframes as the glue/solder cures and make sure they are plumb, it is easy to attach them at an angle.
Hope this helps,
Scott Baker