Re: What got you in to HOn3?

Jim Overman

We had a summer home in Santa Fe and one day made a day trip to Chama.  That was it, the rail yard was the inspiration.  Then I met the folks from Blackstone as I was wandering aroung the yard.  They were taking pictures of the cars so their models were accurate. After riding the C&TSRR experiencing the ride like it was back then and the spectacular scenery I was hooked.  Since that first ride about 17 years ago, we've now ridden the C&TSRR 9 times and the Durango-Silverton train 5 times.  It's always a great experience and I am now modeling it.