Re: Couplers for Precision Scale HOn3 BRASS

Wayne

Yes, the KaDee/Microscale N scale couplers are identical to the KaDee #714s, only scaled down.  I use the same assembly jig for both.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:18 AM Jim Marlett <jmarlett@...> wrote:
I would really like to get rid of the Kadee bounce. Admittedly, I am not a rivet counter and am much more into smooth operation. My feeling is that Kadee/Microscale N scale couplers are still the same design as the Kadee #714. I would gladly stick with 714s if it weren’t for the bounce, and so far I have. But I really hate that bounce. I guess I should just buy a few of the various other kinds and see what I like.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 10:38 AM, Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:

KaDee HOn3 couplers look way out of proportion on HOn3 rolling stock.  I use Kadee N scale couplers, which are now made by Micro Trains Line (1025).  They look more realistic than the HOn3 couplers and will grip any rolling stock that has an HOn3 coupler perfectly and will also uncouple without any problem.  Being smaller, they also work better on the rolling stock where the coupler size interferes
with the swivel of the trucks.

--
Wayne Taylor