Re: I'm looking for a remotoring-regearing guru/mentor

Bill Lugg

I'd recommend you subscribe to the RepowerAndRegear list on groups.io.  You'll get all your questions answered there.  There are also a lot of resources in the files and list archives.

Bill Lugg

On 12/17/20 10:16 AM, Roger Clay wrote:
Hi folks,

I’m just returning to the hobby after several decades, and I’m looking for someone that can provide me with insight, suggestions and some handholding around picking and installing motors and drive mechanisms in a variety of HOn3 locos (FED Spartan 2-8-0, 4-4-0, 2-6-0) an old United 2-6-6t Mason Bogie). I’ve done a bunch of Google searches and they leave my head spinning. I really want to learn this aspect of the hobby, but it’s feeling a little overwhelming and some clear advice or a place to find a good step-by-step tutorial, would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

TIA,

— burning rio

Roger Clay
The 7th Direction