Re: Backdrop construction

Bill Lugg

The radius would be something like 36".  Haven't considered styrene.  It's going behind a yard and I'm looking at commercial photo backdrops to cover it as I'm all thumbs when it comes to artwork.

Bill

On 12/10/20 4:28 PM, lloyd lehrer wrote:
bill, have you considered 4x8 sheets of .050 styrene, it will stand on end and curve and takes paint.  Luan is  much lighter than both styrene and masonite ( the untempered is lighter than the tempered version), but not as flexible. It may still handle a curve depending on the radius.

lloyd lehrer, MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (310)951-9097

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 3:23 PM Bill Lugg <luggw1@risebroadband.net <mailto:luggw1@risebroadband.net>> wrote:

I'm getting close to needing to construct a removable backdrop on my
layout.  It will be in sections and be about 24" to 30" tall, hiding
track that runs behind a yard.  I'm considering either 1/8"
Masonite (or
whatever they call it these days) or luan.  I figure the lighter the
better and I'd like to form part of it into a curve so flexibility
is a
consideration too.  I've never used luan so don't know what it's like.

What do you that have handled both recommend?

Thanks
Bill Lugg

--
lloyd lehrer