Re: Would anyone like a 0-4-0 Porter in HOn3?

martin feldwick

His 13 tonner shay would be nice in Hon3 and I would be down for one as I believe it would  make a nice Mich cal type .I am making the Hon30 at present .Lets face it any Hon3 loco would be good ,The Shay kit isnt for the faint hearted though  .Its not hard  as such just needs careful assembly as the material is  strong though brittle.
I would certainly be down for a Porter .
Martin

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 10:25 PM martin feldwick <trackpass@...> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 10:21 PM Brian Booth via groups.io <carcrazy832=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Toma Model Works has been producing some nice HOn30 model locomotives.  A friend has the HOn30 model of a Porter 0-4-0 and says it runs very well with it's preassembled chassis.  I emailed Kenji Toma and asked if there was any possibility of a HOn3 version in the future.  He replied that several had inquired about an HOn3 version and he was considering including HOn3 in a future run.  Does anyone else in this group want such a loco?  Perhaps if others express interest to Toma, that may increase the chances for production of some small HOn3 locos.  Below is the web address for this product which includes photos.

https://tomamw.miiduu.com/0633-hon30-kit-porter-8-ton-0-4-0-locomotive-kit-with-ready-to-run-drive-chassis

I have no connection with Toma Model Works; I'd just like to be able to purchase some of these small engines in HOn3 myself some day.

Brian