Re: "Gramps " decals

John Stutz

Note that PSC offers the body bolster from their frameless tank car kit as a separate styrene part.  This may fit the MDC tank shell.   The dome, handrail brackets, and some other parts, are also available.  The domes and detail parts for Tichy's tank cars are also available separately.

John Stutz

On October 9, 2020 at 9:55 AM Randy Hees <randyhees@...> wrote:

The MDC tank was more "representational" than carefully accurate, and was offered as a standard gauge car. with a frame..  Gramps was applied to the Van Dyke (frameless cars).. But noting that tank cars seem to have been more standardized than other cars, and the narrow gauge UTLX cars were all older standard gauge cars converted to narrow gauge.  I would trust Thinfilm rather than MDC...   But it is also possible that the Gramps lettering had variations...   The Narrow gauge pictorial, Vol IV, covers the tank cars.  Sloan's Century + also covers them.

Randy Hees

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 8:53 AM Robert Veefkind via groups.io <snookdust= aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Another snag ?   Hello gang I was applying the Thinfilm hon decal to one of the old MDC tankers when I noticed it took up 15 feet of the tank. The MDC  Gramps lettering is 10 feet long. Any thoughts?   Bob V.