Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With HOn3 D&RGW Passenger Trucks

Jim Spencer

There is another maker of passenger trucks, P.I.A. which I think stands for Precision international, or something like that. I think they were produced by PFM.  They were plastic and much more durable, yet as accurate and free-rolling as the the R Robbs are.  The worst trucks were the Key trucks that came on their 1991 run of brass passenger cars.  I replaced them with R Robbs and P.I.A.s.  They also save weight.

In addition, there were some earlier lost wax brass trucks by Kemtron (PSC today?) and maybe PFM as part of their P.I.A. lost wax product line.
Jim