Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With HOn3 D&RGW Passenger Trucks

p. f. hollingsworth

I believe the 'Grandt' offering in HOn3 was sold under the RRob name. They were fussy to assemble, but very beautiful once together. I have a couple pairs standing under some C&S passenger cars I scratch built a long time back. Still rolling nicely, I wouldn't replace them if new C&S trucks showed up- even if they were free!
Another set of D&RG passenger trucks we never hear about any longer is the ones once marketed by Roundhouse/MDC. They had super rolling qualities, but the nasty brass wheels were as wide as Indy Car tires, with big flanges. And,nothing I ever found would replace the wheelsets. Pity, because they were cheap, even back then.