Re: Does Anyone Have Experience With HOn3 D&RGW Passenger Trucks

Ric Case

Just received a window order today! They have a lady who does phone work 1or 2 days a week!
He is really trying to get things together!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Oct 5, 2020, at 3:47 PM, claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

No and no. San Juan/Grandt is still in business, (although not doing a great job of communicating it at the moment) and they never offered passenger truck in HOn3.

The instructions are an obvious error. You would attach with a screw, so that the truck can pivot, same as any other model.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Oct 5, 2020, at 1:34 PM, Wayne <waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:

Looking for some advice on assembling HOn3 D&RGW passenger trucks.  I have a number of unassembled trucks.  All are different, most have no instructions and the ones with instructions appear to have an error.  The PSC plastic trucks come with no body bolster and the sparse instructions have no reference on how to connect the bolsters.  Tried to see if San Juan Model Co (who took over Grant Line) was offering these passenger trucks but their website no longer exists, so I assume they've gone under also.  The kits from MRGS are identical to those included in the old E&B Valley Co HOn3 passenger car kits but their instructions say to glue the truck bolster to the body bolster, making attachment to the car underbody impossible if one wants the trucks to turn on curves.  Any advice appreciated.