Re: Is there market "demand" for 3D printed HOn3 trucks?

Jim Spencer

For years the brass builders in HOn3 were putting out RPO cars with incorrect outside clasp passenger trucks. Offhand, I can think of Key, PFM, Balboa or Custom Brass and maybe others were doing this.  Those particular cars built new in the mid 1920s had trucks with cast steel frames and inside clasp brakes (maybe built by AC&F(?).  PSC did a late run of the brass RPO cars with the correct trucks and I understand that a few were available separately, but very pricey! Others, including me bought the WP&Y steel cabooses for the trucks - that are similar but too short. And I would like to repatriate my trucks with the original caboose where they below.

Given that there are a lot of brass and non-brass RPO cars out there, it would seem to me to be a good candidate for 3D printed trucks.  And I believe that all of those trucks are still in use on the Durango & Silverton because of their newer design, therefore available for measurements. Comments?

Jim Spencer