With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce
419-602-3584 cell

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 9:57 PM <Climax@...> wrote:
Center drill.  Used in machine shops mostly in a lathe to precisely position a hole for either the dead or live center to be placed when turning the stock.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Buxton
Sent: Sep 27, 2020 8:50 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] truck journal tuning tool

It stops cutting because there is no cutting edge on the very tip. Just the point of the pivoting tip. The cutting edge (Only 1 flute) of the blade is aligned with the angle of the cone edge. There is a name for this kind Drill blade but I don’t know what it is.

Shop Chief

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 18:01 lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
The reboxx instructions says it stops cutting when its removed the excess material and arrived at the proper angle. So there must be something in the shape that stops the cutting. If it was just a drill flute I cant see that happening.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020, 6:50 AM Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:
I too had thought of shortening the HO version so I'd be interested to know if it is feasible.

Mark K
Oxon England.

--
lloyd lehrer