Re: Key c-18 # 316

Jim Spencer

I have 316 and 319, both professionally painted (one by Jerry Spoelma). I suspected that the tender shell could be removed with a single edge razor, but no way was I going to compromise that work (they were painted long before Tsunamis and sound). So I used the coal bunker for both a Micro Tsunami and a built-up keep alive. Atop them and all the wiring, I put a sheet of lead cut to fit the coal bunker. And then atop that I created a brass tray painted black and filled it with crushed coal.

The rest about opening up the locos is very aptly described by Mick. Not easy!

Jim