Re: DC Power Supply Search

Lawrence Wisniewski <lwreno@...>

As far as I can tell, the only quality DC power supply that fits your needs is the MRC Control Master 20.  This model has a large available amperage, a good tethered walk around control devise with momentum, and is built to last.  I had one that stayed running continuously for over 12 years.  About the only way to get these is via E Bay.  Most are available used but there are some listed (supposedly) as new.  Prices range from $100 to around $150.00.  I  don't believe these units are still offered new by MRC but I have heard that service on used units is still available.

-----Original Message-----
From: Earl Knoob <earlk489@...>
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Sep 21, 2020 10:48 pm
Subject: [HOn3] DC Power Supply Search

After many years I am getting back into HOn3 and once settled into my new house, I can start on my first layout in over 30 years.

The layout will be a one-man operation, with one train running at a time.  I will be doing old-school DC.  With over 25 HOn3 locomotives that I'd like to see running at some time or another, adding DCC decoders to all of them is.....well not going to happen.

I have found there is very little in the way of DC quality power supplies available today.  Looking through Walther's catalog, MRC seems to be the only one left in business.  I need to have tethered walk around capability, which further limits my choices.

Any and all suggestions appreciated,

Earl