Re: A touch of Ebay Madness?

Bruce

This sounds like the conversation the old guys have every morning at McDonalds...when you could actually sit inside a McDonalds.

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce
419-602-3584 cell

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:15 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Dale, I grew up in a suburban community in New Jersey about 10 miles west of the George Washington  Bridge.  Gas was cheap in the early 1950's.  Our first car was a brand spanking new green Mercury that my friends dubbed the "inverted bathtub".  I learned to drive in that car ... and got in a lot of trouble with it too -- but that's another story.

Russ

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 5:06 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
I bought my first vehicle in 1976. Gas wass 52 cents a gal. that summer in Denver. But, that winter at the Ski Resort towns it was $1.08 during the season. After the season closed it dropped back down the mid 60 cent range in the mountains. Gas has always been more expensive up there in my lifetime.The lowest I ever saw gas was in about 1960 on South Broadway about a mile south of where Caboose Hobbies was. It was a gas war. Price was 23 cents a gallon.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 9:05 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg