Re: A touch of Ebay Madness?

Climax@...

Darn youngsters.  I am so old that I remember the gas wars!  Gas was 8 to 12 cents a gallon and they threw in dishes, towels, or other special offerings to entice you to get the whole set of what evers.  I remember in 1965 when I filled my take up for 46 cents!  Of course it was a Honda 50 Super Sport motor bike! hahahhaha

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce
Sent: Sep 20, 2020 2:06 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] A touch of Ebay Madness?

Funny Russ.  I too paid as low as $0.19/gal!

And when I tell the Juniors and Seniors in our Electrical Technology class I was paid $1.05/hr when I started at McDonald's they can't imagine working for that wage.  But then I tell them burgers were $0.17 and cheeseburgers were $0.19 and their eyes bug out!

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce Bowie
419-602-3584
in2trains@...

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 11:05 AM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
Of course, $20 back then would correspond to a much bigger dollar figure today.  I don't know when that kit came out, but I am old enough to remember gas for 19 cents a gallon.

Russ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
Yes, the price tag on the box says it was $20 from Jim's Junction.

I really hope somebody is able to pick up the Rio Grande Models line as
Eric has a lot of important kits and parts in it and his casting are
excellent.

Bill Lugg