Re: Screw Size

waynecohen49@...

American Scale Models (americanscalemodels.com) has them;
parts 9167 or 9167-2, depending on length.  You probably need the shorter one.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:23 PM <Climax@...> wrote:
Get a long 2mm screw and put a tube on it.

-----Original Message-----

From: Dale Buxton

Sent: Aug 29, 2020 11:19 PM

To: HOn3@groups.io

Subject: Re: [HOn3] Screw Size

Bruce, Disregard my first post. It's a 2mm thread. Sorry about that. I went looking to see if I had any that might work for you and I discovered my mistake. I have a bunch of Wastside C-16 drawbar posts but, those are too short for your needs. I have been replacing my drawbar posts with home made shouldered screws for some years now so that I don't have to frustratingly fiddle with the drawbar coming undone when a tender goes off the rails.

I would check with NWSL as well as Greenway for these.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 9:00 PM Dale Buxton via groups.io <dbtuathaddana=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bruce, the draw bar post on these is 1.7mm thread. This thread size was pretty standard on Japanese made brass. Only the post length varied. Korea followed this same practice. Greenway Products probably has something you can use that will work.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 2:37 PM Bruce <in2trains@...> wrote:
I just purchased a HON3 BRASS WMC WESTSIDE D&RGW 2-8-2 K-27 - SLIDE VALVE at an estate sale.  Looks to be in very good condition.  However, it is missing the drawbar post that screws into the bottom front of the tender.
I assume it uses a metric thread.  Does anyone know the screw thread used for this post?  Or have one I could buy?

--
Wayne Cohen