Re: Screw Size

Dale Buxton

Bruce, the draw bar post on these is 1.7mm thread. This thread size was pretty standard on Japanese made brass. Only the post length varied. Korea followed this same practice. Greenway Products probably has something you can use that will work.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 2:37 PM Bruce <in2trains@...> wrote:
I just purchased a HON3 BRASS WMC WESTSIDE D&RGW 2-8-2 K-27 - SLIDE VALVE at an estate sale.  Looks to be in very good condition.  However, it is missing the drawbar post that screws into the bottom front of the tender.
I assume it uses a metric thread.  Does anyone know the screw thread used for this post?  Or have one I could buy?