Re: Wheelset question

Bruce

Ric,

What is the overall length of the one(s) used for HOn3?

With cinders in your eyes,
Bruce
419-602-3584 cell

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 8:52 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Brian these are what I generally use for tuning trucksĀ  !

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020, 8:15 AM kevin b via groups.io <arcatruck13=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I know drill bits are hard to cut, but could one be cut to the length of an axel? Then slipped into the side frame? It would have to be reversed for the other side of the truck. Just a thought......

well, they break like going out of style if you're not careful, so,,,, why couldn't one be cut?
i'd say use a Dremel with a cutting disc, you know the stone type that ALSO break like no tomorrow.....

if it were me, i'd make the cut then round over the end of the bit there to some extent so it sorta fits up in the other axle pocket.
that way it would help keep itself "true" to the other side.
I can see this process ending up with mis-aligned holes if one isn't mindful of that ahead of time.
that's my take on it, for what it's worth.

thanks.
Kevin.