Re: My string of sausages

Robert Veefkind

In a message dated 8/2/2020 8:45:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, DBRenegade@... writes:

The next photo shows the difference.  MDC on the right.  See below for the 3 in the string.

Don, are your MDC tanks made into the frameless? I made up a string of those some time ago using the PSC bolster and they turn out fairly well. I was hoping to somehow use the MDC frame for the narrow frame tanks. The utlx frames are much wider (about 4') than the MDC frames (about 2'). The closest I can find are the old COLX as shown in Grandts pictorial. The MDC frames mill down fairly well but lots of work and not practical for most modelers. Again -not looking for a contest model. I am working on a proto 2000 8,000 gallon tank that can be made into Conoco # 44 with some modifications .     Bob Veefkind

They are the 1st, 2nd, and 9th.