Re: Conoco narrow gauge tank cars

Bill Lugg

Also, if I recall correctly, a mold master needs to be made a little oversized to account for shrinkage during the casting process.

Bill Lugg

On 7/16/20 3:02 AM, kevin b via groups.io wrote:
i'll have to give that some thought, although I think maybe i'd rather not copy someone elses product without permission.
thanks.
Kevin.

On Thursday, July 16, 2020, 01:29:10 AM CDT, lloyd lehrer <@lloydlehrer> wrote:

kevin, just order one kit from Precision scale.
lloyd lehrer, MANHATTAN BEACH, CA (310)951-9097

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 5:49 PM kevin b via groups.io <http://groups.io> <arcatruck13=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

I tried to mill down the MDC zamac frame to narrow frame
proportions with little luck. Bob Veefkind

hello Bob, and all other interested parties:

personally, i think the thing to do for the MDC tank car is make a
frame for it.
i have a spin casting machine, i can get a mold made.
i am not a machinist and therefore can't make a master pattern myself.

in my opinion, the MDC frame is about 2x thicker (top to bottom)
than it needs to be.

so, now where to get a master pattern.....

Kevin.
hello Bob.

--
lloyd lehrer