From: Jim Spencer <trainmanjs@...>
Date: July 13, 2020 at 6:19:33 PM PDT
To: slimgaugeguild@groups.io
Subject: Re:  [slimgaugeguild] Dave Garcia

Perhaps most concerning is that Dave had “rescued” a lot of D&RGW documents when the Alameda station attic was being emptied by the railroad. I’m sure he had far more than that.

The question is did he make provisions to donate that material to the various museums?

Another question is did he have family?
Families often just throw those things out.

I also heard he had a lot of HOn3 brass and parts. Again does anybody know it’s disposition?
Jim

On Jul 13, 2020, at 6:08 PM, William Beverly via groups.io <mail2archive@...> wrote:

Hey Guys;

I have some sad news to report. I got a call from Nick, he reported that Dave Garcia just passed away.

Nick did not have a lot of details, apparently Dave was recovering from heart issues and also may of had Covid-19 in the end.

If anyone else can fill in the details, let us know.

Dave was a treasure trove of information and was a friend of the Guild, very sad to heard he is gone.

Bill Beverly
traintalk@...

--
James G. Spencer FAIA