Re: conoco tank cars

lloyd lehrer

Hey Don, post some images of those tankcars.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020, 6:25 PM Don Bergman <DBRenegade@...> wrote:
Bob V. asked....

Have any of you modeled the CONOCO tanks using the MDC "old timer" 30 foot models? Not a perfection type thing but a reasonable representation? Grandts volume iv has some nice photos and a drawing of the wide frame type. What type trucks were they ?

Yes, I have several in a string of tank cars and although those familiar with them will note a slight difference most visitors see them the same as a Blackstone!  The CONOCO is slightly lower, dome appears smaller. Height is the same.  If you are looking for a low cost nice looking tank car I say go for it.   Picked mine up for $4.95.

Don Bergman

--
lloyd lehrer