DRGW 5500 Stock Car Doors

Dusty

During a seasonal bench de-mucking I came acrossed the 2019 Hon3 Annual and the stock car weathering article. It referenced an article in the 2017 Annual about stock car modifications performed. In the 2017 article the author indicated the Railline doors represented post 1940 'rebuild' modifications. I perused the Grandt book and Vic Stones book and it appears the Railline doors were a result of the 1926(?) rebuild. The modified doors don't appear until the 40's and 50's based on the photos I observed. Of course 2 books aren't a complete documentation or study.

Anyone have reference to pre 1940 freak door images?

Dusty BurmanĀ
623 261-8707