Re: Tapping Shapeways high def plastic

lloyd lehrer

Why are you even trying to use the BS SCREWS? Just use  any that work. And as far as that goes, there is nothing sacred about drilling out the truck mounting holes to a more useful size.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020, 2:35 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
Confirmed from Blackstone direct:  truck screws are 1.7mm x 0.35 mm pitch, total length 5.3 mm (only last 2.4 mm of the screw is threadsed.)

Mike Conder

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 3:09 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
Metric taps were easier and cheaper on Amazon than the American taps, oddly enough.  I'll order a 1.4 and a 1.7 mm tap anyway.

Mike Conder

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 1:23 PM Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:
Yes,
But there again I have metric taps - 1.4 and 1.7 are the most common. I would NOT attempt to force the screw into a wrong tap especially in 3D printer models.

lloyd lehrer